- Fee:NPR 888,250
The course duration of Master in Public Health (MPH) program of BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences is of two years (4 sessions). The basic courses are taught in first year i.e. in first two sessions. In the second year, students invest more time in the field doing their thesis, electives and Public Health practice. In public health practice, students are posted for 3 months in various district public health offices where they work for national health programs with supervision from District Public Health Officers and faculty from the School.
During electives, they work in an INGO/NGO of their choice under the supervision of that organization and faculty from the School. Evaluation is done in the form of internal assessment at the end of session and final exm at the end of course.
After this training, graduates can pursue a variety of careers including public health managers, researchers, team leaders, teachers etc in government public health offices, in NGOs/INGOs, or in Universities.
Total number of seats available in Masters in Public Health (MPH) Program of BPKIHS
|S.N||Categories of seats||Available seats|
|1||Open Category Seats for Nepalese nationals||Four|
|NGO Sponsorship Seats for Nepalese nationals||Four|
High Tuition Fee Scheme (HTFS) For Nepalese and foreign nationals.
Note: Any vacant seat in categories 2 &3 goes to category 1.
- MBBS, BDS, BPH, BN/BNS/BSc. Nursing, B.Sc MLT/BMLT, BAMS, B.Pharmacy, B.Optometry, B.V.Sc. BASLP or equivalent from institutions recognized by the government of Nepal.
- Registered either in Nepal Medical Council, Nepal Nursing Council, Nepal Health Professional Council, Nepal Pharmacy Council, Nepal Ayurveda Council or Nepal Veterinary Council.
- Candidate should score a minimum of 50% (Pass Marks) in the Entrance Examinations conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with multiple-choice questions
- Four options (A, B, C, D)
- No of questions: 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application- 30:50:20
- Duration- 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break.
|3||Health Promotion and Education||20|
|4||Food and Nutrition||20|
|6||Basic Medical Science||8|
|7||Demography and Health Informatics||8|
|8||Public Health and Primary Health||8|
|9||Environmental Health and Occupational Health||8|
|10||Family Health and Reproductive Health||8|
|11||Global Health and International Health||8|
|12||Sociology and Anthropology||8|
|13||Public Health Administration and Management||8|
|14||Health System Management||8|
|15||Project Planning, Development, Implementation and Evaluation||8|
|16||Health Economics and Health Financing||8|
Generally, new admission is opened in the month of June and entrance exam is conducted on July/August every year.Entrance Examination
The Entrance examination will be of 3 hours duration with 200 single best response multiple choice questions carrying 200 marks. The Entrance Examination is common for both Nepalese and International candidates. The subjects from where the questions will be asked are:
Health Related 80
Research Methodology 60
Aptitude on Public Health & General Knowledge 20
- FIRST SESSION
- Biostatistics & Computer Application
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- International Health & PHC
- Occupational and Environmental Health
- SECOND SESSION
- Research Methods in Public Health
- Health Economics
- Family Health
- Health Management
- Seminar on Recent Advances in Public Health
- THIRD SESSION
- FOURTH SESSION
- Public Health Practice (3 months)
- Electives (3 months)