- Fee:NPR 920,230
Nepal needs to produce competent physiotherapists who can practice autonomously with advanced knowledge and practical skills with clinical reasoning ability and implement an evidence-based approach to the physiotherapy assessment and management of patients.
To improve the health outcomes of any community in Nepal, physiotherapists must have the highest education and training to work in specialized healthcare settings to improve the health outcomes of the community in the country. This issue could be addressed with specialized physiotherapists holding Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) degrees in different fields such as Musculoskeletal, Neurology, Cardiopulmonary, Community, Paediatrics, Geriatrics, and Women’s Health.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy or equivalent from institutions recognized by government of Nepal.
- Registered in Nepal Health Professional Council
- Registered in the respective council of applicant’s own country for foreign candidates.
- Candidate should score minimum of 50th percentile in the Entrance Examinations conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be in the merit list.
a. Question type: Single best response type of multiple choice questions
b. Option: Four options (A, B, C, D)
c. Number of questions: 200
d. Full marks: 200
e. Cognitive ratio: Recall: Understanding: Application - 50:30:20
f. Duration: 3 hours
Physiotherapy theory and practice 70
- Biomechanics/Kinesiology 20
- Therapeutic exercises and exercise prescription 24
- Pain sciences and physiotherapy management (including electrotherapy) 9
- Exercise physiology 6
- Ethics, evidence-based practice and research 6
- Health promotion, sociology, and psychology 5
Clinical physiotherapy subjects 100
- Musculoskeletal physiotherapy (including sports) 24
- Neurological physiotherapy 20
- Cardiopulmonary physiotherapy 20
- Community physiotherapy 10
- Geriatric physiotherapy 6
- Paediatric physiotherapy 10
- Women’s health physiotherapy 10
Basic medical science 30
- Anatomy 11
- Physiology 5
- Pathology 5
- Microbiology 3
- Biochemistry 3
- Pharmacology 3