Master of Hotel and Hospitality Management is a two years (four semesters) full time Master Degree course designed to produce high level professional Managerial workforce for the fastest growing Hospitality Industry. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to accept the challenge of high level managerial positions in the Hospitality Industry as well as pursue further study or research in the Hospitality Sector.
The Master of Hospitality Management program has specific focus on the Hospitality and service sector. Experimental components such as team project, research under the guidance of industry specialists positions the MHM scholar current with entire spectrum of Hospitality and Service Industry. KIC launched Master program in Hotel and Hospitality Management (MHM) for the first time in Nepal under the affiliation of Purbanchal University in 2009.
The program is designed by the Hospitality Management experts and professionals with the consultation of different international Universities.
The program is designed to provide;
- Opportunity for Post Graduate studies to Bachelor Degree holders in Hospitality/Hotel Management/ Hotel Administration or Bachelor Degree holders in any discipline who are keen to enhance their knowledge base and eye for opportunities of work in industry besides faculty positions in Hotel Management and Tourism Management Institutes
- Opportunities for the faculty from recognized Hospitality/ Hotel Management/ Tourism Management Institutes for enhancement of professional qualification towards advancement of teaching careers.
Eligibility for Admission
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality or Hotel Management from a recognized University.
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with two years of working experience in Hospitality/ Hotel industry.
Under the eligibility category 2 students have to complete the following four subjects Non-Credit Foundation Course during the program completion period.
- Front Office Management
- Housekeeping Management
- Food and Beverage Service
- Food Production
Curriculum: Master in Hospitality Management (Purbanchal University)
|Semester and Course||Semester and Course|
|SEMESTER I / 15 Credit HoursHospitality ManagementFrenchManagement Information SystemEquipments & Materials ManagementHospitality Purchasing Management||SEMESTER II / 15 Credit HoursManagerial AccountingHospitality Sales and Marketing ManagementHospitality Organization AdministrationTourism EconomicsHospitality & Business Law|
|SEMESTER III / 15 Credit HoursElective SubjectivesProperty Design, Planning and DevelopmentHospitality & Tourism Case AnalysisProduction Operation ManagementHospitality Training & Development||SEMESTER IV / 18 Credit HoursEntrepreneurship & Strategic ManagementResort ManagementDissertationFoundation Course (Non-Credit)Front Office ManagementHousekeeping ManagementFood & Beverage Service|