This course is based on the job required to perform by the information related technician at different related industries and organizations in Nepal. Therefore, this curriculum is designed to provide knowledge and skills focusing on Information Technology related to the occupation.
The Diploma in Information Technology program extends over three years. Each year is divided into two semesters. There are six semesters in total within the period of three years. The first year course focuses on foundational subjects; the second year course focuses on basic disciplinary subjects of Information Technology. Similarly, the third year comprises of the disciplinary subjects including electives as well. Moreover, the third year focuses on the application of learned skills and knowledge as the minor and major projects.
The foundation subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are included and which are applicable in the field of Information Technology. It also includes language subjects like Nepali and English applicable for the communication in the same area. The disciplinary subjects offering in this program are included in all semesters. It makes provision of major and minor projects as well as elective subjects in the specific areas of Information Technology.
The course structure and the subject wise contents that reflect the details of this curriculum. In short, this curriculum will guide its implementer to produce competent and highly employable middle level technical workforce in the field of information technology. The contents of individual subjects prescribed in the curriculum are incorporated in the light of "must to know and must to do" principle of knowledge and skills for this level.
The objective of Diploma in Information Technology (DIT) are:
- To provide an educational foundation for the careers in Information Technology.
- To reflect the blend of business, technical and interpersonal skills needed in modern IT Professional.
- To develop a range of skills, knowledge, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance as IT professional.
- To provide opportunities to the learners to explore the real-world of information technology in business and industry.
- To encourage learners into technology-related careers with exciting content that is attractive to youth in Nepal.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali.
The total duration of this curricular program is three years. Each year consists of two semesters of six months each. Moreover, one semester consist of 19.5 academic weeks including evaluation period. Actual teaching learning hours will be not less than 15 weeks in each semester.
Pattern of Attendance
Minimum of 90% attendance in each subject is required to appear in the respective final examination.
The students must secure minimum of 40% marks both in theory and practical (Lab).Moreover, the students must secure minimum of 40% marks in the internal assessment and 40% in the semester final examination of each subject to pass the subject.
The overall achievement of each student will be measured by a final aggregate percentage of all final semester examinations and graded as follow: -
- Distinction : > or =80 %
- First division : 65 % to < 80 %
- Second division : 50 % to 65 %
- Pass : 40 % to < 50 %
- Students who have passed all the components of all the subjects of all semesters are considered to have successfully completed the course.
- Students who have successfully completed the course will be awarded by a degree of Diploma in Information Technology with completed elective subjects.
Secured at least grade C in C. Mathematics, C. English and C.Science in School leaving Certificate (SLC) examination from recognized academic institution.
- Should submit SLC or equivalent certificates
- Should pass entrance examination as administered by CTEVT
- Applicants fulfilling the minimum requirements will be selected for admission on the basis of
- Individuals of lower economic status preferred
Selection: Applicants fulfilling the entry criteria will be selected for admission on the basis of merit.
The graduates will be eligible for the position equivalent to Non-gazetted 1st class (technical) as information Technician or as prescribed by the Public Service Commission of Nepal. The graduate will be eligible for registration with the related Council in the grade as provisioned in the related Council Act (if any).