Bachelor of Philosophy is a four-year course under the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences offered by Tribhuvan University.
Students are required to take Compulsory English in the first and the third years and Compulsory Nepali in the second year. University offers Alternative English in the second year for International students as an alternative to Compulsory Nepali.
C.Eng.401 Reading and Writing in English
C.Nep.402 Compulsory Nepali
C. Eng.403 Reading and Writing Across the Disciplines
Alt. Eng. 402 Alternative English
Curriculum Structure of BA Philosophy
- Philo 421 Introduction to Philosophy and Logic
- Philo 422 Eastern Philosophy: Vedic and Non-Vedic Schools
- Philo 423 History of Western Philosophy
- Philo 424 Materialism, Marxism and Logic
- Philo 425 Introduction to Eastern, Western Ethics and Social Philosophy
- Philo 426 Contemporary Philosophy: East and West
- Philo 427 Research Methodology
- Philo 410 Introduction to Philosophy of Religion and Practical Ethics (Elective)
For more details: