Bachelor of Business Information System (BBIS) is a program whereby information management and business disciplines are integrated with a depth of development in information systems and technologies that will position graduates for new career opportunities.
BBIS is a four year, 120 credit hours comprehensive bachelor degree program. It is designed by blending the domain knowledge of the information systems and information technology with that of business and management. Such integrated program has been offered to address the demands of rapidly changing information technology (IT) driven business environment.
The primary objective of the BBIS Program is to integrate the concepts of management with information systems and information technology. This program prepares students for professional careers in information systems involving people, organizations, computers, and networks.
The program helps students learn how to use and manage information technologies to revitalize business process, conduct electronic commerce, improve business decision making, and gain competitive advantage in today‘s global market as well-educated independent managers of people and resources area of their special professional interest.
The main objective of the BBIS Program is to prepare students to become competent, skilled, confident and socially responsive management professionals with a sound knowledge. abilities and skills in information systems. More specifically, the program alms to :
- Provide students with broader perspective of the world, society, business, information systems, and life by combining the study of management, information systems and information technology with the study of social sciences and humanities,
- Develop a habit of critical and creative thinking in students,
- Develop analytical and problem solving abilities in students;
- Improve communicative and presentation skills of students;
- Familiarize students with contemporary concepts, tools and techniques of management,
- Deepen the knowledge and sharpen the expertise of students in the functional area of information systems;
- Prepare students as sensible and responsive citizens with a high degree of professional, social and ethical values; and
- Prepare students for higher studies (Masters' level programs) in the areas of management and information systems.
- BBIS is a four year 120 credit hours bachelor degree program in line with the international standards of bachelor degree programs in business information systems.
- It offers a range of elective courses to match students' individual interests with the demand of employment market.
- It provides students with an opportunity for learning, gaining exposure and networking through its internship program.
- It provides students with an opportunity to make in-depth directed study in the areas/subjects of their choice.
In order to graduate the BBIS program, a student must meet the following requirements:
BBIS Program is open to Nepali and non-Nepali nationals with
- A 10+2 or Intermediate Degree or equivalent of at least two years duration in any discipline with a minimum of 50 percent in aggregate or CGPA of 2 on the scale of 4 from boards recognized by Kathmandu University
- Pass in Kathmandu Uniuersity Undergraduate Management Admission Test (KUUMAT), analytical writing and personal interview
The Program aims to attract and serve the needs of candidates who are competent and motivated to excel in their study and career particularly in the area of information systems and information technology. Specifically, potential intakes for the Program are those who have successfully completed 10+2 or any other equivalent degree in any discipline with aggregate of 50% of total marks or on equivalent CGPA
The Program accepts the credit transfer of the students studying similar program in other college/university only after joining the Program and by getting the prior written approval from the Dean's Office of Kathmandu University School of Management. The maximum credit that can be transferred is 40 percent of the total credit load necessary for the BBIS program
BBIS Curricular Structure: