BA in Nepalese History, Culture and Archaeology (NeHCA) is a four years course under the faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. The course of study is designed to provide extensive knowledge in history, culture, religion, art, architecture, archaeology, epigraphy, numismatics, and cultural tourism to the students.
On the completion of the course, the graduates shall be qualified to appear in competitive examinations for officials in different government and non government institutions and organizations, including the Departments of Archaeology and Tourism and the Ministries of Education and Culture, and to study the Master's degree course in different disciplines.
Candidates, who have succeeded in any of the following examinations, can appear in the entrance test of the B.A.in NeHCA:
- Proficiency Certificate of TU in any subjects.
- Grade 12 in any discipline and subjects of National Examination Board. Nepal Government equivalent examination from any institution recognized by TU.
Students are required to take Compulsory English in the first and the third years and Compulsory Nepali in the second year. University offers Alternative English in the second year for International students as an alternative to Compulsory Nepali.
C.Eng.401 Reading and Writing in English
C.Nep.402 Compulsory Nepali
C. Eng.403 Reading and Writing Across the Disciplines
Alt. Eng. 402 Alternative English
Curriculum Structure of Nepalese History, Culture, and Archaeology (NeHCA)
- NeHCA -421 Political and Cultural History of Nepal
- NeHCA -422 Nepalese Society and Culture
- NeHCA -423 Art and Architecture
- NeHCA -424-1 Prehistory & Archaeology
- NeHCA -424-2 Hindu and Buddhist Philosophy ( For Private Students only) OR
- NeHCA -424-3 Ancient Civilizations ( For Private Students only)
- NeHCA-425 Epigraphy and Numismatics
- NeHCA -426 Cultural Tourism
- NeHCA -427 Research Methodology and Academic writing.
- NeHCA -427 A. Research Methodology
- NeHCA -427 B. Academic writing
- NeHCA-410 Nepalese Cultural Heritage (Elective)