BA in Population Studies is a four-year course that is introduced by Tribhuvan University, Faculty of Humanities and Social Science.
The main object of this course is to make the students aware of the basic concepts in population studies, demography
and theories, and the linkage between population and development. This course deals with the interplay between the components of population change and development. It includes the history of population growth, population momentum, fertility, mortality, migration, and urbanization. Population and quality of life, population policies and programs, aspects of gender, human development, and SDGs are also dealt with to establish meaningful interrelationships between population and development.
Students are required to have completed their Intermediate or equivalent qualifications in any discipline with good marks.
Students are required to take Compulsory English in the first and the third years and Compulsory Nepali in the second year. University offers Alternative English in the second year for International students as an alternative to Compulsory Nepali.
C.Eng.401 Reading and Writing in English
C.Nep.402 Compulsory Nepali
C. Eng.403 Reading and Writing Across the Disciplines
Alt. Eng. 402 Alternative English
Curriculum Structure of BA in Population Studies
- Pop. 421 Principles of Population and Development
- Pop. 422 Population and Health
- Pop. 423 Basic Demographic Analysis
- Pop. 424 Basic Mathematics and Statistics for Population Studies
- Pop. 425-1 Population, Resources, and Governance
- Pop. 425-2 Business and Political Demography
- Pop. 426 Population Research Methods
- Pop. 427-1 Migration and Development
- Pop. 410 Population Diversity of Nepal (Elective)
- Pop. 427-2 Poverty, Inequality and social justice
For more details: