BA in History is a four-year course introduced by Tribhuvan University, Faculty of Humanities and Social Science.
The main objective of this course is to provide students a basic knowledge of the history of the ancient and medieval periods of Nepal. Students will also learn about historical sources, the role of geography in setting history, pre-historic accounts, and other historical dynasties and the society during the ancient and medieval periods.
Students are required to have completed their Intermediate or equivalent qualifications in any discipline with good marks.
Students are required to take Compulsory English in the first and the third years and Compulsory Nepali in the second year. University offers Alternative English in the second year for International students as an alternative to Compulsory Nepali.
C.Eng.401 Reading and Writing in English
C.Nep.402 Compulsory Nepali
C. Eng.403 Reading and Writing Across the Disciplines
Alt. Eng. 402 Alternative English
Curriculum Structure of BA History
- Hist. 421 History of Ancient and Medieval Nepal
- Hist. 422 International History [1774-1990]
- Hist. 423 History of Modern Nepal [1742-1990]
- Hist. 424 History of China and Japan
- Hist. 425 History of Modern India
- Hist. 410 [elective] Introduction to Tourism Development
- Hist. 426 Contemporary Nepalese Society and Polity
- Hist. 427 Introductory Research Methodology
For more details: