The Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science (IAAS) Rampur's Campus is located in Chitwan district, Nepal, about 10 kilometers south of Bharatpur, the district's headquarters. Rampur Campus' purpose is to develop and execute educational programs in agricultural sciences, such as veterinary and animal science, as well as social and other natural sciences, to meet the demands of Nepal's agricultural sector. It has sophisticated living facilities for its instructors, staff, and students, as well as physical and skilled human resources such as labs, production and research farms.
Rampur Campus was developed in different Project Periods (1976-1992) funded by USAID and World Bank I and II includes office buildings, auditoriums, faculty and staff housing, library, classrooms, laboratories, girls, boys and Post Graduate hostels with a capacity of 750 students, covered hall, sports and recreation centers, cafeteria, veterinary teaching hospital, farm machinery Workshop, dispensary, post office, nursery and secondary school.
Objective of Rampur Campus, Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science
- Promote excellence in agriculture education, research, and technology diffusion.
- Develop agricultural graduates who are technically competent and ready to utilize their knowledge and abilities in technical agriculture, agricultural extension, agricultural education, agribusiness, and agricultural and rural development projects.
- Encourage and assist academics and students engaged in research and intellectual activities that are important to Nepalese agriculture and farmers.
- Encourage students' self-development, dedication, and responsibility for Nepalese society's well-being.
Mission of Rampur Campus
Our mission at Rampur Campus is to develop the unique abilities and potential of each student by offering an practical based learning. We strive for excellence through a hands-on approach. Promote excellence in instruction, research, and technology dissemination in agriculture.Develop technically competent agricultural graduates ready to apply the knowledge and skills in technical agriculture, agricultural extension, agricultural education, agribusiness, and agricultural and rural development programs.
Core Values of Rampur Campus
We have a culture that is modern, relevant, and inspires students to have a brighter future. We are determined in our approach to learning, are creative in our thinking, and bold in our ambitions.
Philosophy of Rampur Campus
We, at Rampur Campus, follow a student-centered educational approach. We make sure that it is based on scientific observations from birth to adulthood. We believe that students are naturally curious and is capable of initiating learning in a supportive and thoughtfully prepared environment.
Masters program running in Rampur Campus are
- Master of Science in Agriculture (MScAg)
- Master of Science in Animal Science (MScAnSc)
- Master of Veterinary Science (MVSc)
- Master of Science in Aquaculture (MSc Aquaculture)
Rampur campus also offers PhD in
- Animal Science