As per regulations
Invitation of applications for the positions of Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (re-advertised)
Kathmandu Forestry College (KAFCOL) was established in 2005 as the first public company with mandate of producing forestry graduates in Nepal. The College is currently running four academic programs (i) M.Sc. in Natural Resources Management and Rural Development (NRM-RD), (ii) M.Sc. in Geographical Information Science and Systems (GIScience), (iii) Bachelor of Science in Forestry, and (iv) Diploma in Forestry (DIF). Alongside teaching, the College has been implementing research and outreach projects related to biodiversity, forestry, and natural resources management.
KAFCOL is collaborating with Griffith University (GU), Australia (lead), the Red Panda Network (RPN), and University of Southern Queensland (USQ), Australia in a three-year project on forest governance for ecosystem services, natural capital valuation and stakeholder capacity building in Red Panda habitat in Nepal. Under the project, the college is looking for a qualified and dynamic research fellow with expertise in natural resource governance to assist in background research, stakeholder consultation, ecosystem service or governance-related field consultations, and standards development. The fellowships will be managed by KAFCOL, with supervision in collaboration with USQ, and assisted by GU and RPN.
1) PhD in social or political science, including environmental policy
2) Evidence of good English writing and speaking and translation skills
3) Experience in working with NGOs
4) Demonstrable understanding of multi-stakeholder governance
5) Competency in stakeholder engagement and consultation
6) Knowledge of natural resource management certification
7) Evidence of peer reviewed publications, preferably in Q1 journals
8) GIS skills
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The fellowship is for three years. The salary offered to successful candidates will be within the limits of the allocated project budget. Income tax will be deducted as per the prevailing law of the Government.
The application deadline is 02 December 2019. Short-listed candidates will be invited for presentation and interview.
Please send to the following address: (1) a letter of application summarizing your strengths, (2) recent curriculum vitae, and (3) names and addresses of three referees.
1) Selected candidate if currently working with other government or non-government agencies is required to submit "no objection" letter or other evidence of non-association with the former within a specified period, before she/he can be hired.
2) Candidates who have obtained academic degree from foreign university should have received letter of equivalence from Tribhuvan University.