The Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites applications for Nepal Aid Fund Scholarship Scheme for M.Sc.(Agri) (NAF-MSc) 2023-24 from Nepalese nationals to study Post-Graduate courses in M.Sc. (Agri.) in Indian Universities/Institutions for the academic year 2023-24:
Also read: Dr. Homi J. Bhabha Scholarship Scheme
The scholarship scheme is for pursuing M.Sc.(Agri) Course in India.
Applicants should be 25 years or less as on July 1, 2023 and should have minimum 60% marks in aggregate in B.Sc. (Agriculture) and minimum 50% marks in English in Class XII.
The Last Date for submission of application for these scholarships is June 5, 2023 (Sunday).
How to apply?
1. Separate application forms should be submitted for each course. The same may be downloaded from the Indian Embassy website www.indembkathmandu.gov.in and filled in, preferably typed. The candidates should attach the following documents (self-attested) with the application form (Only scanned copies of documents need to be attached at this stage):
(a) Mark sheets/transcripts of Class XII and Graduation;
(b) Citizenship certificate;
(c) Bank Voucher of NRs. 400/-.
2. The application fee of NRs. 400/- should be deposited in favor of Education Wing, EOI, Kathmandu Account No. 17725240200331 of Nepal SBI Bank, anywhere in Nepal not later than June 5, 2023. Application fee once deposited will not be refunded or adjusted.
3. Due care should be taken while exercising option for the course. Candidates are advised to give only one option in the application form. Embassy reserves the right to change the branch choice of a student depending upon the placement received from Indian University/College.
How to submit an application:
The candidates may submit their applications (complete in all respect) through email at email@example.com.
1. Only those candidates who have passed their Bachelor level examinations can apply for the above (Post- Graduate) courses. Appearing candidates need not apply.
2. Candidates are advised to interact solely with the Education Wing, Embassy of India, Kathmandu or Consulate General of India, Birgunj about the scholarship. The candidates should indicate their address and contact telephone numbers/e-mail address clearly in the prescribed column of the application form. Any change in address/telephone number should also be intimated immediately through a letter.
3. Selection will be based on the applicant’s academic record. However, nomination of a candidate by the Embassy does not guarantee admission to any Indian University/College for the above courses. Confirmation of admission by the Embassy will be given only after receipt of the same from the concerned Indian University/College. Request for change of College/Institution or transfer of scholarship upon taking admission will not be entertained. The candidates will have no right to reject/withdraw at a later stage/after placement in any institution in India, failing which they will be debarred for future scholarships & would also be required to refund
the entire amount spent by Govt. of India.
4. If required, the applicant may be asked to submit hardcopy of the application form in Education Wing, Embassy of India, Kathmandu along with following documents (3 copies of each):
(a) Latest passport size attested photographs;
(b) Duly notarized marksheets/transcripts of Class XII and Graduation;
(c) Citizenship certificate duly translated in English language and certified by Notary Public;
(d) Original Bank Voucher of NRs. 400/-.
5. Submission of incorrect information/incomplete application forms by the candidate may result in forfeiture of the scholarship at any stage.
6. It may also be noted that the timeline/process/final admission under these Scholarship Schemes are subject to Covid-19 guidelines/restrictions.