Kathmandu University School of Education, Department of Development Education invites an application for seed money for conducting research in the areas of Sustainable Development in Dhading in the Trishuli River Basin Area for Master in Sustainable Development Students.
The research must align with the project "Enhancing Livelihood and Fostering Resilience among the Vulnerable Communities along Trishuli River Basin (EFFORT)" which is a 5-year (2022-2026) project funded by DANIDA and implemented by DCA and Action Nepal. EFFORT aims to enhance the economic empowerment of women and youth in agroecological and eco-tourism sectors and to enhance the capacity of local government, CBO, and private sectors in managing and mitigating the climate-induced disaster risk in the Trisuli River Basin area. The research should be related but not limited to the four themes of Sustainable Development:
- Economic Empowerment of youth and adults
- Agroecological and Ecotourism
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Management
- Climate Change Adaptation
Kathmandu University School of Education Department of Development Education will recommend two students from the MSD program to conduct the dissertation/paper. Recommended students should conduct their thesis/paper in the project area i.e. Gajuri Rural Municipality, Benighat Rorang Municipality, and Sidhalekh Municipality or the entire Dhading district.
- Send proposal and application: email@example.com
- Last Date for Proposal Submission: May 19, 2023
- Research Starts: May 31, 2023
- Completion of Research: Within Six Months
- Research Grant. Per Student: NRS 50,000/- (Fifty Thousand Only)