Barbara Adams had established the award in 2nd Jestha, 2070 under the Tribhuvan University, Journalism and Mass Communication Central Department.
The application can be submitted either by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or applicants can submit the application directly at the office.
Deadlines for the submission of the investigative reports: 2074, Chaitra 16 (March 30, 2018)
Award worth price: Rs. 1 lac
Criteria for the award:
- The work should be published in the Nepali communication medium. The communication medium should be any of the Nepali print media, radio, television and online media.
- The award for 2017 should have been published in the same year.
- The investigative work should be about the Nepali society.
- No age limit for the award.
- If the institution does not want to unveil the name of the reporter then the award will be going to the respective institution.
- Any chief personnel of media can recommend for any journalist to be nominated for the candidacy.
- The interested applicant should present his/her investigative work in the video clip, audio clip or printed online publication in maximum 500 words.
- The sole authority to decide on the winner of the award is vested in the Barbara Adams Investigative Journalism award operation committee and jury.