Teacher Service Commission has been constituted to recommend for the appointment of vacant teacher posts and promotion of teachers appointed in such posts as per the government-sanctioned posts in the community schools.
The Teacher Service Commission (TSC) is ultimately responsible for licensing and selecting permanent teachers.
Duties Functions and Rights of the Commission
- To recommend for permanent appointment and promotion of teachers
- To give teaching license to those who want to teach in the school after completing the necessary process
- To determine the syllabus of the examination to be taken for the teaching license and to do the work related to the examination.
- To give suggestions to the Ministry regarding the services, conditions and facilities of the teachers
- To determine the syllabus of the examination to be taken for the appointment and promotion of the teacher and to do other work related to the examination
- To inspect and investigate the work to be done by the Commission as per the Act or these rules as per the need.