How to Apply for an Equivalence Certificate for Indian Students?

To apply for the equivalence certificate following is required:

  1. Must have completed Class 12 or equivalent study at a university, board, or academic institution.
  2. Must have completed 5 subjects including English in class 12.
  3. Class 10 certificates must be submitted in order to receive the equivalent of class 12.
  4. Educational Institutions or Boards that operate in Nepal and are affiliated with a foreign educational institution or board must seek authorization from the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology of the Nepalese government. Otherwise, such institutions' and institutions' qualifications will not be recognized and equivalency will not be granted.

Documents to be Submitted

  • Marksheet/ Gradesheet/ Transcript
  • Pass Certificate/ Provisional Certificate
  • Character Certificate and School leaving Certificate
  • Migration Certificate

Since Indian students do not need a visa to study in Nepal, students can contact the appropriate institutions for the programs they wish to enroll in after obtaining equivalency certificates. He or she will be guided through the admissions procedure by the respective university or institution.

< Back to FAQ home