The Directorate of Research and Extension (DOREX) at Agriculture and Forestry University (AFU) in Rampur, Chitwan, is set to host the inaugural Graduate National Conference 2023. This event aims to drive agricultural transformation for sustainable development by harnessing innovative research concepts and discoveries from AFU's graduate students. AFU consistently generates a multitude of research findings annually. To harness the potential of these findings, a national and international conference is being organized.
This conference will serve as a platform to congregate and deliberate upon graduate research concepts and findings across diverse fields such as agriculture, livestock, veterinary sciences, fisheries, and forestry. Simultaneously, a panel discussion under the theme "Advancing Agriculture through Education and Research" will convene experts, educators, policymakers, and stakeholders. This convergence will facilitate the synthesis and culmination of ideas.
Through this event, new research paradigms will be explored, documented, and shared. Insights from panel experts and researchers will be absorbed and channeled into shaping the future trajectory of university-level teaching, research, and extension endeavors.
Major Themes of the Conference
- Value chain analysis and agribusiness development
- Agriculture, Food Security and Livelihood Improvement
- Climate Change, Natural Resources and Disaster Risk Management
- Green and Inclusive Development
- Crop Science and Climate Smart Agriculture
- Green Growth and Green Economy
- Education, Employment and Livelihood Development
- Agriculture related Policies and Strategy
- Migration, Gender and Agriculture
- Livestock Production
- Veterinary Science and One Health
- Fisheries and Forestry
- Social Science and Agricultural Extension
- Sustainable Development
- High Value Commodities
- Commercialization and Mechanization
- Poverty, Inequality and Vulnerability
- Governance and Development Partnership
- Deadline for Abstract Submission: October 12, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: October 15, 2023
- Full-Length Paper Submission Deadline: November 10, 2023
- PowerPoint Presentation Submission Deadline: November 10, 2023
- Registration Deadline: November 10, 2023
- Conference Start Date: November 23, 2023
- Conference End Date: November 25, 2023
- Only registered participants can submit abstracts. Click on the Sign up Button or go to this link to register.
- Provide the details (Name, Email and Password) and you will receive a confirmation email
- Open your email, click on the confirmation link to confirm. You can request a new confirmation email if you didn't see any confirmation email in your inbox. You can request for the confirmation email from here.
- After you confirm your account, click on the Login menu to log in to the participant dashboard. Use the email address and the password you provided during registration.
- Once you are logged in, you need to update your porfile. Provide all the requested information and update your profile. It is highly recommended to update your profile, if you want to participate only.