Postgraduate Diploma in Police Sciences (PGDPS) is a special purpose program in semester system designed to impart professional education to the students. Post Graduate Diploma in Police Science (PGDPS) is a two semester, 30 credit hours program extended over a 10 months duration.
The mission of PGDPS is to develop socially responsible, creative and result oriented police professionals to fill up the middle level positions in police organization of Nepal.
The course provides a professional qualification indicating the achievement of intellectual skills and comprehensive knowledge and undertaking of general and specialized areas of police service.
The newly recruited police inspectors are required to undertake this program.
This program has been divided into two major components. The first component of PGDPS covers Credit Courses. The second component constitutes non-credit courses which is absolutely administered by NPA.
The rationale of PGDPS Program can be attributed to the following basic concerns: Necessity to modify the old training systems of Nepal Police in present situation. Strategic Plans of Nepal Police to establish the National Police Academy as a Centre for Excellence.
Objectives of the Program:
- Increase and enhance the standard of present training module.
- Boost up the morale of trainees.
- Produce qualified and well trained Police Officers for Nepal Police.
- Successful completion of 30 credit hours as prescribed with minimum passing grade in all courses with an aggregate semester grade of 2.0 or letter Grade of C.
- Completion of the program must occur within the time limit as prescribed by Tribhuvan University
S.No. Course Code Course Title
- PSC 401 Foundations of Public Affairs Management
- PSC 402 Basic Police Administration
- PSC 403 Police Operations Management
- PSC 404 Emerging Issues in Policing
- PSC 405 Constitutional and Legal Studies in Nepal
Semester - II
S. No. Course Code Course Title
- PSC 406 Research Methodology in Police Science
- PSC 407 Strategic Management
- PSC 408 Crime Management
- PSC 409 Crime Investigation
- PSC 410 Special Case Investigation
Non Credit Courses:
- Forensic Science
- Primary Parade
- Armed Parade
- Police Tactics & Field Craft
- Musketry & Firing
- Special Skills Development
- Public Order Management
- Physical Endurence & Confidence Building