MSc in Population Management and Rural Development is a two year program that focuses on increasing demand and the complexities that this brings to development operations. This program intends to train analytic personnel for a variety of development agencies.
It is dedicated with the components that lead to change in rural regions, such as sociocultural, economic, and environmental issues. Simultaneously, many contexts and constructs of development, as well as real policy approaches to achieve the overarching goals of rural development, have been included.
Students with a bachelor's degree in any subject are eligible to apply for this program. Applicants must take a Purbanchal University entrance exam. The candidates are admitted solely on the basis of their merit.
In recent years, rural development has gotten a lot of attention. This program aims to stimulate students to come up with fresh ideas that will result in good improvements in the rural economy, profound structural transformation in rural regions.
Graduates of the program can work for a variety of social agencies, INGOs, human and gender rights critics and analysts.
Semester-wise breakdown of the curriculum.
- PRD711: Principles of Demography
- PRD712: Demographic Techniques
- PRD713: Mathematics & Statistics
- PRD714: Population Dynamics of Nepal
- PRD716: Rural Development Planning: Th & Pr
- PRD717: Basic Computer Skills
- PRD721: Population Policies and Program
- PRD722: Adv. Demographic Techniques
- PRD723: Research Methods
- PRD724: Reproductive Health and Rights
- PRD726: Rural Economy and Resource Management
- PRD731: Population, Environment & Sustainable Development
- PRD732: Gender and Development
- PRD733: Project Planning and Implementation
- PRD734: Human Development
- PRD735: Decentralization & Local Governance
- PRD737: Rural Urban Interrelationships
- PRD738: Communication Skills & Conflicts Management
- PRD741: Demography of Ethnicity, Language & Religion
- PRD742: Gender Responsive Policy, Planning & Administration
- PRD712: Application of IT in Population & Development
- PRD749: Dissertation