- Fee:NPR 2,381,760
MDS Orthodontics is a three years academic program run by Tribhuvan University, Institute of Medicine. Total enrollment capacity for this program is 3 seats, out of which 2 seats are offered in Maharajgunj Medical Campus and One seat in UCMS, Bhairahawa.
The course is designed to teach students the aspects and techniques of Orthodontics, such as molding and setting of teeth braces, invis-aligning of teeth, using retainers to remove dental deformity etc.
- BDS or equivalent from institutions recognized by the government of Nepal
- Registered in Nepal Medical Council
- Registered in the respective medical council of the applicant's own country for foreign candidates
- One year experience
- Candidate should score a minimum of 50% (Pass Marks) in the Entrance Examinations conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list
- Single best response type with Multiple choice questions
- Four options (A, B, C, D)
- No. of questions - 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application – 30:50:20
- Duration – (3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break)
|Clinical Dental Sciences Subjects|
|1||Oral Medicine and Radiology (10+5)||15|
|2||Oral and Maxillofacial||15|
|4||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics (7+8)||15|
|5||Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics||15|
|6||Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||15|
|7||Prosthodontics and Maxillofacial Prosthetics (Removable Prostho + Fixed Prosthodontics + Maxillofacial Prosthetics) (8+6+1)||15|
|8||Public Health Dentistry + Community Medicine and Biostatistics (5+5)||10|
|9||Oral Pathology and Microbiology||10|
|Basic Medical Sciences|
|23||NMC CPD Topics (Medical ethics, rational use of drugs, infection prevention, BLS/ACLS, communication skills, medical emergencies in dental practices and practice management in dentistry)||10|
Selection for admission
- All Nepalese/Foreign students will have to appear in common entrance examination.
- Merit list for Nepalese/Foreign students will be published separately.
- Must secure a minimum of 50% marks in entrance examinations.
- Admission will be on merit basis in open house counseling wherever applicable.
With an M.D.S degree, one can find employment in Dental departments of Hospitals, Dental Clinics, Research Centers, Educational Institutions as Dentists, Dental researcher, Dental Teacher etc.