Tribhuvan University Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences has launched Master in Tourism and Hospitality Studies (MTHS) program from the academic year 2018-2019.
This program offers both theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the field of in the field of Tourism and Hospitality. The entire course is highly participatory and students are expected to be actively engaged in presentation, participation in discussion and interaction in the class room activities, periodic seminars, workshops, fieldwork and internship.
The main objectives of the program are as follows:
- To provide a sound knowledge of hospitality industry and tourism
- To train students to act in multicultural and global context of hospitality industry
- To prepare students in theoretical, practical and technical perspective of tourism and hospitality studies
- To boost the knowledge of students through problem solving, teamwork, decision making, and leadership
- To familiarize students with tourism and hospitality through internship and other practical program
Completion of Bachelor's Degree with at least second division or 2.0 CGPA in any discipline recognized by Tribhuvan University. securing an acceptable level or ranking in the entrance exam will be required to get admission.
The graduates of Master in Tourism and Hospitality Studies can lead to a wide array of career options. Those who study in this program may seek a position at a large corporate hotel chain, in a tourism bureau, or managing a major museum or other tourist attraction. This career can open doors to positions not just in a student’s home country, but also around the world. Tourism is a vital part of the global economy, and as such, there are a plethora of career options for those who study it.