The Diploma in Hospitality Management, or DHM, is a program created specifically for those who are interested in pursuing a career in the hotel industry. Upon finishing the course, graduates will have specialized knowledge in various departments of a hotel, including food production and pastry, food and beverage service, housekeeping, and front office, allowing them to work effectively in the hospitality industry.
Course Duration: 15 Months Diploma Course
- 9 months theoretical and practical - Institution-based Training
- 6 months Industrial Training (Internship in star restaurants and hotels in Nepal and paid internship in foreign coountries like Dubai, Malaysia, Macau, China, Croatia etc.
- Personal Development
- Interview techniques
- Career Counseling
- Communication Skill
- Personal Hygiene and Grooming
- Industrial Visit
- Life Skill
- Business Skill
- International Diploma for Economic Value
The candidates applying for admission in Diploma in Hospitality Management must have fulfilled followings:
- Successfully passed SEE /SLC or other equivalent examination
- Must have studied and passed English subject with minimum D+ (1.6 GPA)
- Above age of 16 years
Documents required for admission
You need to submit three sets of the following documents
- Copy of SLC/HSEB mark sheet and certificate
- Copy of Citizenship or Passport
- Six copies of Passport size photographs with white backgrounds.
Admission intake information
The admission for DHM and ADHM opens two times in a year.
- 1st Intake: June/July
- 2nd Intake: December/ January
Scope of Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Career development in International Chain Hotels, Catering, Food industry.
- Career development in Hotels, Restaurants, Banquets, Hospitals, Travel and Tours, Cruise etc.
- Entrepreneurship/Self Employment
Kathmandu Institute of Hospitality Management is one who is translating words into action by providing job placement and scholars to deserving candidate. We have a wide range of tie-up with foreign and domestic employment agencies and hotels
Student will be able to work in the hospitality industry with specialized knowledge on core departments of a hotel i.e., food production and patisseries, food and beverage service, housekeeping and front office.
DHM graduates are taken as highly skilled work force by the Hospitality industry in Nepal & abroad. Further, the students will also have the conceptual idea of becoming entrepreneur. This means, with some experience in the industry, the students will be able to start some ventures on their own. Apart from this it is a path finder for career progression and promotion for students who are already involved in hospitality industry.