BBM (Hons.) is a 3 Years/6 Semesters, 123 credits program run by Lord Buddha Education Foundation (LBEF Campus) in Nepal with affiliation from Asian Pacific University of Technology & Innovation.
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- An understanding of the context, nature, role and significance of management activities as undertaken by managers in a range of organisations.
- An opportunity to develop well-researched, logical and integrated solutions to multi-faceted problems in uncertain and dynamic contexts.
- Exposure to the areas of modern Business Management and how these work in concert to produce efficient, agile and customer-centric organisations.
Class Shift: Morning Shift (06.30 A.M- 10.30 A.M)
- Facilitate your progression, both academic and practical, by developing knowledge, key skills and the capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in innovation, ingenuity and integration as well as problem-solving and decision-making in a business context which reflects the particular focus of the programme e.g. Business Management, International Business Management, E-Business, Tourism and Services Management, Marketing or HRM
- Maintaining effective communication skill
- Help you develop a Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating and accessible course of study that gives you a sound grasp of business knowledge & analysis and contemporary business issues which you can develop and apply in your future employment
Direct Entry to Level 1 of the Degree:
- Successful completion of 10+2 or equivalent (any discipline) with minimum 50% marks in Mathematics at SEE level; or
- Successful completion of A-Level with at least a pass in 2 subjects and successful completion of 0-Level or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
- Successful completion of STPM with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and completion of SPM or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Direct Entry to Level 2 of the Degree:
- Successful completion of Level 1 of an APU Computing & Technology Programme; or
- A Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5; or
- Any other Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.5, and credit in Mathematics at SPM level; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL: 79-80 (Internet Based Test), 550 (Paper Based Test), 213 (Computer Based Test)
- Other Certification or Evidence of English Proficiency that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
- Applicants who do not possess the above will be required to sit for the APU English Placement Test, and based on the outcome of the test may be required to attend the APU Intensive English Programme (IEP) prior to commencement of the Degree programme.
Each degree is divided into three levels which denote the academic standards, where completion of level 3 is the Honours standard. For Full-time students each level corresponds to a year of study. Each year of full-time study comprises of 2 semesters each of 6 months. Each semester comprises minimum of 16 weeks of teaching weeks and 2 weeks of additional independent learning & assessment.
You will gain basic understanding of the context within which business operate – Management, Law, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship and Marketing. We will also expose you towards business & communication skills, computing & IT skills, quantitative skills, and independent learning. All Business Management programmes have a common first year so that you will get a solid grounding inbusiness management theories and practices.
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Computing and IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
You will be exposed to more advanced level of curriculum including behavioral science, business ethics & governance, critical thinking in management, and international culture & communications. In-depth understanding in functional management in various areas will be developed as well. You will gain further understanding of core business processes through the industry-leading software supported by SAP. We will further nurture your independent learning to prepare you for the workplace and for further research.
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
- Behavioural Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Business Research Methods
- Delivering Customer Value
- Integrated Business Process with SAP ERP System
- Managing Finance
- E-Business Management
- Commercial Law
- Critical Thinking in Management
- Employee Development
- International Culture and Communications
- Operations Management
- INTERNSHIP (12 weeks)
You will make use of your previous studies and industrial experience to extend your familiarity in tackling more practical and modern issues of business management. Leadership and strategic management skills will be taught, with aims to groom you as a business leader. A final year project requires you to explore a topic individually – you will demonstrate your academic and practical aspects of your ability in the chosen area of study
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Management
Specialised and Option Modules
- Asian Economics
- Business Management Project
- Contemporary Management
- Enterprising Management
- Investigation in Business Management
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Managing Change
- Managing People and Performance
- Strategic Marketing Planning