- Fee:NPR 472,784
Bachelor of Hydropower Engineering is a Four year, 8 Semesters program at Mid-West University of Nepal. BE - Hydropower Engineering is taught under the Faculty of Engineering. The Bachelor of Hydropower Engineering is the first course in Nepal of its type. Mid West University is located in Birendranagar-Surkhet.
Hydropower has a large potential in the context of Nepal. We have all known and heard from decades that Nepal possess large potential of hydropower (83GW, half of which s feasible to generate ). But only about 1100 Mw of it has been extracted. Government of Nepal in recent years seems to be more focused in generating electricity from hydro sources. With more focus in investment in hydropower and encouragement/provision provided by the government to the local as well as foreign investors, we can see the hydropower industry blossom in Nepal. So, it can be said hydropower engineering has a bright scope in Nepal.
Fee Structure for BE
- Total fee for Scholarship student: - NRS 42,800
- Total fee for Full Fee Student: - NRs 4, 72,784/
- Total fee for Foreign Student: - NRs 6, 11,244/-
- Total fee for Sponsored Student: - NRs 5, 42,744/-
Note: - (i) All deposits are refundable.
(ii) Application form and entrance test fee will be NRs. Rs. 1500/ - for BE program.
Students must have completed 10+2 or Diploma in Engineering or Equivalent in Physical science or Biological science with 45%.with minimum C grade in all subjects.
Applicants, whose name have been published for admission, must bring following documents along with them or through their representatives at the time of admission.
- Original copy of admit card of entrance examination for engineering faculty.
- 1/1 copy of mark sheet and character certificate of SLC or its equivalent.
- 1/1 original and copy of transcript, character certificate and certificate of proficiency, higher secondary level examination or its equivalent.
- 1/1 original and a copy of citizenship certificate.
- 1/1 original or copy of Proficiency certificate, migration certificate, board certificate and provisional certificate from university or its boards, or its equivalent.
- Foreign applicants must give a copy of passport.
- Applicant must present Original copy of nomination letter or sponsored letter along with application letter to apply for the reserved seats under government or nongovernmental organization
- The certificate of applicants will be valid only if the organization is registered under Nepal education organization or universities.
The list of the course distribution over 4 years/8 semesters:
First Year (First Semester)
Engineering Mathematics I
Applied Mechanics I (Statics)
Engineering Drawing I
Basic Computer Concept and Programming
First Year (Second Semester)
Engineering Mathematics II
Applied Mechanics II (Dynamics)
Engineering Drawing II
Fundamental of Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
Basic Electrical Engineering
Basics of Water Resource
Second Year (Third Semester)
Engineering Mathematics III
Basic Electronics Engineering
Strength of Materials
Second Year (Fourth Semester)
Theory of Structure I
Probability and Statistics
Concrete Technology and Masonry Structures
Third Year (Fifth Semester)
Theory of Structures II
Fundamentals of Hydropower
Geographical Information System and Remote Sensing
Third Year (Sixth Semester)
Design of Steel Structures
Design of Hydraulic Structures
Pumps and Turbines
Power System Apparatus
Rock Mechanics and Tunneling
Elective – I
Fourth Year (Seventh Semester)
Hydropower Engineering Project I
Modeling in Water Resources
Design of Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) structures
Construction Project Management
Estimating and Valuation
Fourth Year (Eighth Semester)
Hydropower Engineering Project I
Entrepreneurship and Ethics in Professional Practices
Hydropower Engineering Seminar
List of Electives
1. Applied Hydrology
2. River Mechanics
3. Environmental pollution and management
4. Soil Conservation and watershed management
5. Integrated Water Resource Management
6. Conservation of water environment and ecology
7. Climate Change
8. Earthquake Engineering
9. Computer Aided Design
10. Advanced geotechnical engineering
11. Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
12. Earth Hazard
13. Low Volume Road Engineering
14. Introduction to prestressed concrete analysis and design
15. Electrical Energy System Management
16. Rural Electrification
17. Electrical Energy System Management
18. Alternative Power Generation
19. Community Development and participatory rural approach
20. Design of Micro Hydropower Power System