Agriculture and Forestry University, Dean's office, Rampur Chitwan announces new admissions for Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Forestry for the academic year 2080.
The application forms can be submitted online only.
- Entrance form submission starts: Bhadra 10, 2080 (August 28, 2023)
- Form submission deadline with normal fee: Ashwin 10, 2080 (September 27, 2023)
- Form submission deadline with double fee: Ashwin 15, 2080 (October 02, 2023)
- Students with I. Sc. (Basic science) or 10+2 ( Science) with compulsory English, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from any recognized University or Board, or
- Diploma in Forestry or Technical Certificate Level in Forestry, are eligible to apply for B. Sc. Forestry program.
The selection for admission is on a merit basis through an entrance examination. Girl students and students from disadvantaged groups are provided some preferences in terms of reserved quota and leverage in admission requirements.
The notice regarding students' admission is published in a national newspaper and will be put on the website of Agriculture and Forestry University. The exact date of the admission process may vary from year to year but it generally starts in August-September and classes begins from mid of November.
How to apply
The process of application will remain online. The online application can be accessed at the official website of the university: www.afu.edu.np
When encountered with any problem, then applicants can contact the responsible authority at firstname.lastname@example.org for technical help. Admission is done on the basis of the entrance examination (80%), the aggregate score of Higher secondary level or plus two (10%), and the aggregate score of SLC/SEE (10%). The applicants will be selected on a merit basis.
A total of 80 questions will be included in the written test. Questions are made with reference to the 7 subjects students study during their higher secondary level. Following is the list of distribution of questions among those 7 subjects:
- English - 12
- Chemistry - 13
- Physics - 8
- Botany - 13
- Zoology - 13
- Mathematics - 13
- Forest Science and General knowledge - 8
Required documents for admission
- Passport size photo - 3
- Original copy of Nepali Citizenship Certificate
- Original Transcript and Character Certificate, SLC/SEE
- Original Transcript and Character Certificate, Plus two/Higher Secondary Level
- Degree certificate of the provisional certificate, Plus two/ Higher Secondary Level
- Equivalency Certificate
- Candidates seeking admission under a certain quota, need to present recommendations of the concerned authority
- Original admit card, Entrance Examination
Applicants with a Higher Education Degree from any other University than Agriculture and Forestry University are required to register with Agriculture and Forestry University. The applicants are required to submit the original copy of the Migration Certificate during registration.