Kathmandu Forestry College (KAFCOL), which was established in 2005, is the first public company with mandate of producing forestry graduates in Nepal. The college, which is affiliated with Tribhuvan University, has been running BSc Forestry program since its establishment. Since 2012, KAFCOL has also been running MSc program in Geographical Information Science and Systems (GI Science) in cooperation with Salzburg University, Austria, a Diploma in Forestry (DIF) program of Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) and an MSc program in Natural Resources Management and Rural Development (NRM-RD) from 2016, under affiliation with the Tribhuvan University. Alongside teaching, the college has been implementing several research and outreach projects related to biodiversity, forestry and natural resources management.
KAFCOL is looking for a qualified and dynamic Principal to lead KAFCOL.
Terms and Conditions of the Appointment
The Princial will be accountable to the Chairperson and Board of Directors of KAFCOL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take lead role in handling day-day administrative, financial and academic affairs of the college.
- Take leadership role in all academic, research and outreach activities of KAFCOL.
- Prepare policy, plan and program of the college and implement as per decision and guidance of Borad of Directors.
- Personnel management, including recruitment, supervision and evaluation of faculty and subordinate staff and take necessary reward and punitive action.
- Prepare periodic academic plans and progress reports.
- Participate in teaching activities and supervising students.
- Organize workshops, seminars, talk programs, interaction, and discussion on related fields to enhance the quality of education, research and development.
- Establish linkages and collaborations with different government agencies, I/NGOs and civil society, research, training and academic institution and bilateral and multi-lateral agencies within the country and abroad.
- Represent KAFCOL in relevant activities and forums organized by different agencies both inside and outside the country.
- Design and implement strategy to enroll quality students in KAFCOL academic programs.
- Proactively work to raise funds for KAFCOL from external sources.
- Any other duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Should have at least Master degree (preferably, PhD) in Forestry, Natural resources Management, Environment Science or relevant subject.
- Similar college administration experiences of at least five years.
- Experience in teaching, thesis supervision and should be able to teach one course per semester in line with KAFCOL requirements.
- Should be willing to and capable of participating in KAFCOL's overall development in academic, research and program expansions.
- Should be knowledgeable about basic computer skills, including MS Office.
- Should have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Nepali languages.
The appointment will be at the rank of Professor. The initial appointment is normally for one year and is renewable based on performance. The salary offered to the suvvessful candidate is as per year the KAFCOL rules, commensurate with qualifications and experience. It is also possible to earn additional income by carrying out research and consulting projects.
The application deadline is 26 february 2023. Short-listed candidates will be invited for presentation and interview.
- A brief concept note (up to 3 pages) outlining the vision and strategy for taking the college forward
- A letter application summarizing your strengths
- Recent CV
- Names and addressess of three referees to the following email addresses:
- Email: email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected candidate if currently working with other government or non-government agencies is required to submit no-objection letter or other evidence of non-association with the former within a specified eriod, before s/he can be hired.
Candidates who have obtained academic degree from foreign university should have received the letter of equivalence from Tribhuvan University.