2014-04-05 - 2014-04-05
Call for applications for MS by Research Degree at Turbine Testing Lab, School of Engineering, Kathmandu University.
Turbine Testing Lab, School of Engineering, Kathmandu University invites suitable candidates for 2 years MS by Research Degree on “Analysis on Root Cracks in Pelton Runners: A Case Study of Khimti Power Plant” under joint collaboration of Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kathmandu University (KU) and Department of Energy and Process Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
The major objectives of the research include:
· To identify the stress induced in Pelton Runner which is affected by sand erosion and analyze the causes of root cracks taking a case of Khimti Power Plant,
· To propose design conditions, manufacturing and maintenance techniques to improve the life and performance in general avoid root crack in particular.
The research degree program is funded by Himal Power Limited (HPL) which includes fees for study at KU, laboratory test setup, field visit cost and stipend to student.
For the eligibility of the applicants to the Program, the following criteria should hold true at the time of the submission of the application:
1. A Bachelor’s Degree holder in the field of Mechanical Engineering from recognized University within Nepal or outside with a CGPA of 2.5 or above or 50% or above.
2. A fairly good competency in use of computational tools for design analysis.
3. Prior trainings or working experiences in the field of hydraulic turbines for at least 1 year would be an advantage.
Applicants would need to produce a payment voucher of NRs. 2000 as application fee paid to Kathmandu University and account number 00501030250009 from any of the branches of Nepal Investment Bank Ltd. and submit a completed M.S by Research application form. Checklist, downloadable from following link, for ensuring the completeness of the application is also necessary,
along with the form downloadable from following link. http://www.ku.edu.np/news/gallery/1/M.S._by_Research_Application_Form.doc
4. The completed application form along with the payment voucher of NRs. 2000 should reach the School of Engineering, Administration Office, Kathmandu University by 2 P.M, March 15, 2012.
The program will tentatively start from early April 2012.
Please write to us at [email protected] for any inquiry.
For detail information of Turbine Testing Lab please visit our webpage: www.ku.edu.np/ttl