Teacher electrocuted, 2 students injured during Sarswati Puja preparations

2019-02-10

The Kathmandu Post


Ganesh Chaudhary, Tikapur - A school teacher was electrocuted and two students sustained injuries during preparations for Swarswati Puja at Dasharath Secondary School in Ghodaghodi Municipality-2 of Kailali district on Saturday.

Police said Hukum Jaisi, 23, a teacher at the school, died of electric shock while cutting bamboo for the puja. Locals said he was pulling the chopped bamboo when it touched a high tension electric wire and electrocuted him.

Students Khambir Joshi and Sunil Bista sustained injuries in the incident. They are receiving treatment at a hospital in Sukhad.