MoE to open nomination forms for MBBS Scholarships awardee students



Share this on:

Ministry of Education (MoE), Nepal  is all set to open nomination forms for the MBBS students.  According to Prakash Maharjan, Chief of Scholarship Division, they are  are going to open nomination forms for the MBBS students awarded with scholarships from Sunday.” 

The students can indicate their choice of medical institutions to pursue MBBS studies in these nomination forms.

Also read: 

MBBS scholarship awardees warns of Protest

He stated that Nepal Medical Council (NMC)  had not yet provided information regarding the number of seats for students in Kathmandu University affiliated medical colleges.

“Though NMC has delayed allocating seats for students, we have decided to open the nomination form with the hope that differences between NMC and Ministry of Health and Population will be sorted out within a week and students will get a chance to get admitted to their desired colleges soon,” he added.

According to Maharjan, a total of 127 students awarded with scholarships were admitted in KU-affiliated colleges in MBBS stream last year. This year, there will be around 160 students for MBBS and some others in BSc Nursing and Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS).

As many as 45 per cent of total seats is reserved under women, Dalit, Madhesi, indigenous people among others. Remaining 55 per cent seats are allocated to meritorious students.

Although classes have started for full-fee paying students since August, lack of seats allocation in eight KU-affiliated colleges has barred scholarship students from attending classes for the past four months. Entrance test for scholarship was held in December. 

Prospective MBBS students with scholarship waiting to join classes today met Minister of Education Chitra Lekha Yadav to urge her to sort out this issue as soon as possible. 

Hari Bohara, one of the students, said that Minister Yadav today assured them to resolve this problem by next week.

“We are trying to seek help from student unions to exert pressure on government to ensure students’ admission in respective medical colleges,” he said.