The aim of this basic nursing education programme is to prepare competent, self reliant nurses who will be able to care for individuals, groups and communities according to the principles of PHC and the the aim of certificate in nursing programme is to prepare competent and self-reliant nurses who will be able to care for individual(s) and family(s) in the hospital and community by applying the principles of primary health care.
Selection for admission
Candidates are selected on merit basis, pass mark is 50 and full mark is 100. Questions set are for English, Science and Nursing in multiple choice format.
- The programme is designed for continuous full-time study over a period of three years.
- Students will be required to complete successfully all required courses.
- Students will be required to maintain pass marks in theory and practical courses in accordance with TU examination policy.
The number of seats for certificate in nursing programme will be determined on the basis of nursing manpower requirements for Nepal.There are also independent campuses in the Kathmandu Valley: Bir Hospital Nursing Campus (HMG) and Lalitpur Nursing Campus (UMN). These campuses are academically affiliated with the Institute of Medicine, Tribhuvan University.
Students untertake clinical and community field practice in central and zonal level hospitals and urban and rural communities.
Admission and Eligibility Criteria
The admission requirements for the certificate level in nursing programme are:
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC) pass with a minimum of 50 percent of aggregate mark and pass marks in English, Science and Mathematics.
- All applicants must sit for an entrance examination
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit from only those applicants who secure the qualifying mark of the entrance examination.
- The programme is open only to female applicants.