- Fee: NPR 888,250
- B. Sc. Nursing or Bachelor of Nursing program pass from any Institution recognized by BPKIHS;
- Two years of work experience after the graduation;
- Registered with the Nepal Nursing Council; and
- Age not exceeded 35 years by the last date of submission of application (but, for the candidates working in relevant field the maximum age limit is 45 years)
Generally, new admission for M.Sc Nursing in BPKIHS is opened in the month of June and entrance exam is conducted on July/August every year.
The Entrance Examination will be of 3 hours duration and will have one paper consisting of 200 single best responses multiple choice questions carrying 200 marks covering the subjects as given below.The question paper will have two parts; Part I having a weight of approximately 40% & Part II having a weight of approximately 60%. The Entrance Examination is common for both Nepalese and International candidates.
Part 1 Contents:
Information Sciences, Essentials of Biostatistics and Basic Research Methodology, Applied Sciences, General Knowledge and English.
Part 2 Contents:
Total Number of seats available for M.Sc Nursing Program in BPKIHS
|S.N||Discipline/Subjects||Seats for Open (Heavily subsidized Tuition Fee)||Seats for High Tuition fee|
Community Health Nursing
Maternal Health Nursing
|4||Child Health Nursing||Two||Two|
|5||Medical - Surgical Nursing||Two||Two|
Note: Candidates are eligible to opt for Open and High Tuition Fee Scheme (Multiple options permitted). However, selection will be based on merit, counseling and availability of seats.
- BN/ BNS / B.Sc. Nursing /B.Midwifery(B. Mid is eligible only for the M.Sc. Midwifery program)
- Registered in Nepal Nursing Council
- One year experience
- The candidate should score a minimum of 50% (Pass Marks) in the Entrance Examinations conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with Multiple choice question
- Four options (A, B, C, D)
- No. of questions - 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application – 30:50:20
- Duration - 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break
|1||Adult Nursing (Medical-Surgical Nursing)||20|
|3||Pediatric Nursing (Child Health Nursing)||20|
|4||Community Health Nursing||20|
|5||Psychiatric Nursing (Mental Health Nursing)||20|
|6||Nursing Research and Biostatistics||20|
|7||Integrated Health Science- 10% (Ana- 6, Physio- 4, Pharma- 4, Biochem- 2, Micro- 2, Patho- 2)||20|
|9||Nursing Concepts and Ethical Aspects in Nursing||16|
|10||Nursing Leadership and Management||16|
|11||Social and Behavioral Science||6|