Master of Public Health Nutrition (MPHN) program is offered in Maharajgunj Campus. Five students are enrolled per year.
Academic/Administrative rules and regulations for PG Students / Residents
- The P.G. students will go through a full time residential training.
- Must obey the rules and regulations of IOM
- A total of two week leave is permitted in one year in hospital based clinical/para-clinical programs (MD/MS, MDS and MD Ayurveda)
- In other P.G. programs vacation/leave will be as per T.U. regulation.
- All P.G. programs are strictly non-practicing; therefore PG Students/Residents are prohibited to undertake private practice of any kind or any other private assignment.
- All clinical programs (MD/MS, MDS and MD Ayurveda) will have three months community-based teaching - learning as per Nepal Medical Council’s requirement.
- As per Ministry of Health & Population directives, all clinical program candidates will have to serve for one year at a place assigned by the government after completion of the course. This applies to only Nepalese candidates.
Eligibility to study Masters in Public Health Nutrition
MBBS from TU or equivalent degree recognized by TU
BPH or BN or B Sc. Nursing or B Sc. MIT or B Sc. MLT/ BMLT or B. Pharmacy, B. Optometry
BASLP or BAMS (with one year compulsory rotatary internship for MBBS and BAMS), BV Sc and AH
Bachelor degree in Health Sciences.
with 2 years work experience, Non-health sciences degree holders working in the capacity of Gazetted officer or equivalent post with 5 years work experiences in recognized health Institution (must have Bachelor degree).
Having degree with partial health related subjects in the curriculum without Health Sciences background from Institutions other than Institute of Medicine/ Health Sciences will not be eligible.
Selection for admission
- All Nepalese/Foreign students will have to appear in common entrance examination.
- Merit list for Nepalese/Foreign students will be published separately.
- Must secure a minimum of 50% marks in entrance examinations.
- Admission will be on merit basis in open house counseling wherever applicable.