The general purpose of the basic nursing educational program is to prepare a competent and self-reliant nurse who will be able to care for individuals, groups and communities according to the principles of primary health care.
Upon completion of the Certificate program in Nursing the graduate will:
- Utilize a sound knowledge base in giving care to well and sick individuals, families and communities.
- Perform preventive and therapeutic measures directed toward promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
- Utilize the communication skills effectively with individuals, groups in variety of settings.
- Utilize the nursing process in providing and improving health care.
- Assume leadership for planning, directing and evaluating care given by health workers.
- Teach and supervise individual, family, groups and community including health care workers.
- Collaborate with multi-sectoral groups to develop a healthful environment, including safe drinking water, sanitation and other basic needs of the community.
- Mobilize the community to participate in the activities of the grass root health institution.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and respect for cultural values in working to meet needs and solve problems.
- Continue to seek new knowledge for personal and professional growth.
- These overall objectives are used in each year to create specific objectives which guide the learning experiences from simple to complex.
- Candidate must be a Female Nepali citizen.
- Age of the candidate should be 16 years completed and should not cross 25 years at the time of last date of form submission. In case of ANM, applicant should not cross 30 years at the time of last date of form submission.
- Female candidates who have passed SLC examination or equivalent with English, Science & Mathematics as principle subjects scored at least 45% aggregate are eligible to apply for certificate in nursing program.
- Female candidates, who has completed ANM after SLC and scored minimum 45% in aggregate with full registration in the Nepal Nursing Council.
The total number of seats allocated for this academic year is 30.
1. Full scholarship :- 20%
2. Partial scholarship :- 20%
3. Collaborative scholarship :-20%
4. Full Tuition Fee :- 40%