Bachelor in Business Administration- BBA (Hons.) is a 3 Years/6 Semesters, 360 credits program run by Patan College of Professional Studies in Nepal with affiliation from University of Bedfordshire
Bachelor in Business Administration- BBA (Hons.) course aims to deliver conceptual propositions and skills related to:
- a range of business models, ideas and managerial techniques
- a number of management theories relevant to different functions of the business
- a range of suitable examples and contexts to assist you in operating in different business environments.
- the opportunity to expand upon theoretical constructs into the application of knowledge and its practical implications for the business as a going concern.
Intake Session: February / June / September-October
- Class sizes are small that enables one to one attention and peer learning. Teaching pedagogy focuses on multidimensional learning approach through lectures, seminars and workshops, plus group projects, research exercises, presentations and case study analyses.
- Learning of essential components of business administration including marketing, financial and management accounting, human resource management, project management, business law, Intercultural Competencies and economics.
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset with help of units focusing on leadership of business ventures, new advances in business that enhances understanding of organization and practical skills to attract new employees, retain or to start a new venture of your own.
- The degree not only opens career access in general management roles, it aids in specialist areas of human resources, e-business, global marketing.
- This course is a foundation for further academic progression into postgraduate/professional degree.
Successful completion of 10+2 or equivalent (any discipline) with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.
The basic criteria required for entry to the courses are listed as follows:
The applicants should have any of the following:
- 2 A level passes (with minimum C and D Grades)
- OR Successfully pass in Grade XII with aggregate marks of 55% or above for levels XI and XII
- OR Successfully complete Foundation year (from a recognized university or HE institution)
English language requirements are as follows :
- IELTS overall score of 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each element
- OR Nepalese High School 12th English minimum 60>#/li###
On completion of this degree, students are likely to progress on to the following areas:
- Enter the world of business including Finance, Marketing and Operations and Project Management. Many students may work for large multinational organisations but increasingly prefer smaller organisations where there are opportunities to work across a number of functional areas.
- BBA focuses on effective and efficient management of human resource and business process in organizations that are categorized under large, medium and small. The course enables to develop your ability to apply theories in organizational setting and situations, resulting in professional outlook that are valued by employers.
- Further study: Post-graduate study such as Masters course in Business Administration, Business Management and Human Resource Management. Professional courses like ACCA, CIMA, CMI, CIPD, APM, Research degrees.
- This course prepares you from cultural and organizational aspect both opening the doorway to career opportunities in home country and beyond.
The Units which make up the course are:
|UNIT CODE||LEVEL||CREDITS||UNIT NAME||CORE/OPTION|
|BBS003-1||4||30||Foundations of Business Communications||Core|
|BBS013-1||4||30||Foundations of Business Management||Core|
|AAF002-1||4||15||Financial Accounting for Business||Core|
|MAR001-1||4||15||Principles of Marketing||Core|
|LAW007-1||4||15||Law for Business Managers||Core|
|MAR013-1||4||15||Intercultural Competence in Business||Core|
|SHR018-2||5||30||Human Resource Management and Psychology||Core|
|BSS018-2||5||30||Entrepreneurship and Leadership of Business Ventures||Core|
|BSS019-2||5||15||Business Research Methods||Core|
|AAF024-2||5||30||Economics of International Business Management||Core|
|BSS017-2||5||15||Sustainable Business Management||Option|
|AAF002-2||5||15||Management Accounting for Business||Option|
|BSS007-3||6||30||New Advances in Business||Core|
|BSS042-3||6||15||Management and Administration of Operations||Option|
|BSS043-3||6||15||Management and Administration of Projects||Option|
Showing 1 to 1 of 1 results