Finance Minister Dr. Ram Sharan Mahat allocated 86 Billion and 3 Crore to promote Education sectors of Nepal.
He has allocated budget for the following programs.
- To formulate integrated Education Act
- To merge the government/community school to improve their quality. At least 200 schools to be merged in this fiscal year.
- Start of Midwifery education in Nepal.
- Government allocated 6 Billion 52 Crore University Grant Commission to promote Higher Education in Nepal.
will bring special programs to promote girls’ education at school-level
targeting especially those from Muslim and marginalized communities in
- Students of marginalized community such as
Dalits, Raute, Chepang will be provided Rs 1,500-Rs 3,000 if they pass
in first division from the community schools.
- Students from Dom,
Badi, Chamar and, Musahar communities opting to study engineering and
medicine will be provided free education up to the bachelor’s level.