Newa State Committee of All Nepal National Independent Students Union-Revolutionary (ANNISU-R) today demanded that the Higher Secondary Education Board fulfill their eight-point demand and implement all past agreements.
What are the demands of All Nepal National Independent Students Union-Revolutionary (ANNISU-R)?
1. Urged the government to adhere to its promise to provide free education until school level,
2. Urged to government to fix the maximum fee structure and student ratio in classroom, and halt the hiked fee collection until HSEB fixes the fee structure.
3. Implementation of five per cent scholarship agreement and take action against schools who fail to provide the scholarship.
4. The registration of those Plus Two colleges, who have foreign (English) names, should be scrapped if they don’t change their names as per the existing law.
5. Ban on business of school uniform and textbooks from school premises, arbitrary charges for admission form and fees on various titles, management of teachers quota for community higher secondary schools, implementation of the code of conduct,
6. Formation of a high-level monitoring committee with representatives of the HSEB, students, guardians and Higher Secondary Schools Association Nepal for regular monitoring of Plus Two colleges.
The student union has warned of staging protests if their demands were not met. ANNISU-R yesterday submitted a letter of memorandum to the Kathmandu office of HSEB regarding implementation of the past agreements.