On behalf of Save the Children Nepal, Real Solutions Pvt. Ltd., calls for applications from potential candidates for an Internship Program for Suaahara at Save the Children, a five year USAID funded program, to improve the nutritional status of women and children under-two year of age. Internship Program is an initiative of Save the Children for the capacity building of fresh graduates belonging to Marginalized Communities which includes: Disadvantaged group, Janajati and Dalits. It is initiated with an objective of providing young individuals, who otherwise might not have an access to such opportunities, a platform to gain professional experience in the Integrated Nutrition Program.
The program will be for maximum 1 year period depending upon the program duration and ToR with a full time on the job training assignment with access to mentoring and practical experience.
The applicants should have the following minimum requirements to be eligible for the position:
- Be a Nepali citizen with age limit not exceeding 30 years
- Individuals from marginalized community
Qualification and area of internship:
- Bachelor degree holder in any stream – (internship in the area of “Nutrition”, “Agriculture”, “Water/sanitation/hygiene (WASH)”, “ Health services promotion”, “Social and behavior change communications”, “Gender, equity & social inclusion”, “Monitoring & evaluation”)
- Preference will be given to those having relevant knowledge in preferred area of interest
- Basic Computer skills in MS Office Package (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, internet and email) with skill of Nepali typing
- Able to communicate well in English and Nepali Language
- Ability to work under pressure/stress
- Ability to adjust to difficult living and working conditions
Internship Locations: Pokhara Cluster Office (Pokhara, Nawalparasi, Parbat, Lamjung) and Biratnagar Cluster Office (Biratnagar, Bhojpur, Taplejung, Sankhuwasabha)
(Preference will be given to potential local candidates of the Internship locations. The selection processes will be conducted in the Cluster location)
To apply, interested and eligible candidates can:
Click "Apply Online" & fill up the form and application letter with requested information and attach the recent resume.
Application must reach to Real Solutions by May 07, 2013. Application received later than the deadline would not be valid for further process.
This is an internship program and in no way should this be understood as a full time employment with the organization.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.