The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is a manifestation of the determination of the people of South Asia to work together towards finding solutions to their common problems in a sprit of friendship, truth and understanding and to create an order based on mutual respect, equity of friendship, truth and understanding and to create an order based on mutual respect, equity and shared benefits.
The SAARC was established on 8 December 1985. The SAARC comprises eight Member States( Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan , India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka).The Secretariat of the Association is in kathmandu. The Eighth December is the SAARC Charter Day and this year is marking the Twenty-Eighth Anniversary of SAARC
On the auspicious occasion of Twenty- Eighth Anniversary of SAARC, the SAARC Information Centre (SIC) invites to all interested students for Essay Competition.
The details/terms & conditions of Essay competition are:
1. The Essay competitions will be organized among the students up to Class/Grade 12, the national of Member States studying in Nepal.
2. Essay should be based on theme: “SAARC- a Regional Hope”.
3. Essay will be in English Language containing between 2000-2500 Words.
4. The essay will be considered in computer/type print and clear handwriting with signature of writer and recommendation of School/College Principal or Chief. The writer will also attach his/her bio-data along with two copies latest passport size photograph and Mobile Number.
5. The students can send their Essay in a sealed envelope to the SAARC Information Centre, directly or in P.O. Box No. 26339, Kathmandu, Nepal to be received within 23 days of publication of this Notice.
6. The receive sealed Envelopes will be opened by a committee, examined judges and best three will be selected for winner First, Second, Third and Eight Consolation Prize.
7. The Cash Prize of NRs. 30000.00 (Thirty Thousand), NRs. 20000.00 (Twenty Thousand), NRs.10000.00 (Ten Thousand) for first, second, third respectively and NRs. 5000.00 (Five Thousand) each for Eight Consolation Prize along with Certificate.
8. The SIC will reserved all rights for accept/reject the essay and to use /publish the acceptance Essays.
9. As per SIC practice, Bus fare and 3 days local hospitality will be provided by SIC to winners with their Guardian/Teacher if the winners are from out of Valley.
10. The Essay will be entertained even within 7 January 2014 if the Essay submitted to the Post office and stamped by 31 December 2013.
The Centre requests to interested students studying public/private schools in Nepal to submit their Essay directly or as following address latest by 31 December, 2013
SAARC Information Centre (SIC) Media Village, Tilganga, P.O.Box No. 26339,
Email: email@example.com Kathmandu, Nepal